Atkins James are proud to be working in partnership with Bentley Project Management, a market leading Construction and Infrastructure Consultancy to recruit a Senior Project Manager to join their growing and successful team based in Lockington.
Bentley Project Management are a privately owned business, born out of a desire to provide a high level of customer service to their clients and have found themselves in the enviable position where the majority of their work comes through repeat business. Client recommendations have been instrumental in the ongoing growth and the development of their business, which for any prospective future employee will demonstrate the quality and depth of the business you will be joining. Suffice to say, word of mouth can be both positive and negative, but with our client it drives their future business growth.
Why BPM? They are one of the leading consultancies in the region who are a great team to work with and for. No ceiling for the career minded but also flexible for those where work is part of what they do, you have the opportunity to decide.
Regarding projects, you will work on a variety of large-scale strategic Infrastructure, Construction, Residential and employment sites, offering services that spans the full breadth of project delivery from the initial stages of inception, viability and feasibility all the way through to successful delivery on site, for local government organisations, private and public sectors clients and developers throughout the Midlands. With this type of portfolio they can offer prospective employees a diversity in workload and a chance to truly shine as you become integral to the ongoing growth of thebusiness.
They are looking for a talented individual to undertake all Project Management tasks from inception to completion (without being seconded full time) whilst also adding value and knowledge to the current team.
Roles and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
· Provide Project Management pre and post contracts duties with some support from Associate Director level or above
· To attend project meetings and provide advice to Clients on projects that are allocated to the individual
· To create programmes, risk registers and reports suitable for presentation to Clients
· To provide pre-contract management services for both Civil engineering and building projects with some support from Associate Director level of above e.g. production of (and maintenance of) programmes, risk registers, progress reports, contract documents etc.
· To provide post-contract management services for both Civil engineering and building projects with some support from Associate Director level of above (e.g. Site Visits, Progress meeting agendas and minutes, contract administration and snagging / defects
· To work diligently and carefully at all times
· To manage workload requirements and ensure that key deadlines are met
· To work alongside Senior members of the team to ensure all Client relationships are maintained and future opportunities maximised
The ideal candidate will have outline experience and/or a working knowledge of as much as possible:
· Have performed post-contract project management duties on multiple projects
· Excellent communication skills, both internally and with Clients
· Excellent organisation skills with an attention to detail and ability to multi task
· High level of computer literacy
· Good understanding of industry recognised construction contracts (NEC, ICC and JCT)
· Good understanding of procurement routes associated with construction projects
· Ability to manage relationships effectively with clients and colleagues
· A proactive approach to achieving results
• Appreciation of the appointment documents and the services that Bentley Project Management are responsible for delivering.
• Previous experience of demonstrating excellent client / customer relations
• Excellent interpersonal skills around influencing and negotiating